LILO for RTEMS

Erwin Rol erwin at muffin.org
Fri Jan 28 22:27:39 UTC 2000

Hello all,

due to the positive reactions here the source to
make a image that can be booted with lilo.

Few notes:
it is hacked linux kernel code, which makes it GPL.
The Makefile.inc holds the path to the "image" that should
be booted. after a 'make' you will have a zImage wich can
be dd'ed to floppy or booted with lilo.

lilo offers the possibility pass boot parameters and to pass
the memory size and it sets up the video modes.
These things might be usefull for the pc386 BSP ?
also I am interested to see if it solves those strange reboot problems.
I never have had serious problems with the 4.0.0 version and grub and
was very supriced to see the C++/sp/hello wolrd (the only ones i tried)
worked in one go now.

I hope it is usefull and maybe can be integrated in the pc386 BSP (even
though
it is GPL)

- Erwin

PS. can someone tell me what the best way would be to interegrate this
into the
build process ? now i run make manualy on it and have to chnage the
image name in the makefile.