building RTEMS kernel

Mon Jul 17 21:12:47 UTC 2000

AHMET AKKAS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to build RTEMS kernel for a different architecture. I wrote the
> cpu dependent part but I have not written anything for bsp part yet.
> I will use bare bsp option.

What architecture do you want to port it to?

> In the documentation, it is said that configure.in file needs to be modified.
> I do not know how to modifiy configure.in file. The only thing I saw is that
> common.sh file has cpu information. Should I use autoscan and autoconf
> programs to create configure.in file (acctually once I tried and it failed
> in some point) or something else I should know about it.

There is an RTEMS porting guide that should be available as part of
the beta documentation.

You should not have to edit too many configure support files.  Maybe
config.sub at the top and creating the ones in score/cpu/MYPORT.

Provide a bit more informationi.