building RTEMS kernel

AHMET AKKAS aha2 at EECS.Lehigh.EDU
Mon Jul 17 22:05:03 UTC 2000

Hi,

Thank you very much Dr. Joel for your e-mail.

> What architecture do you want to port it to?

I want to port RTEMS to Lucent's 16000 DSP processor. I am trying to
build RTEMS kernel by using Lucent's tools (compiler, assembler, etc).

> There is an RTEMS porting guide that should be available as part of
> the beta documentation.
>
> You should not have to edit too many configure support files.  Maybe
> config.sub at the top and creating the ones in score/cpu/MYPORT.
>
> Provide a bit more informationi.

I have the RTEMS porting guide and it basically explains how cpu dependent
part should be written. Anyway, my first error is the following:
 checking target system type... Invalid configuration `dsp16k': machine `dsp16k' not recognized

My understanding from your mail is that I should modify config.sub file
at the top and create config.sub file under the score/cpu/MYPORT.

Please let me know if is there anything I could not explain well.
If you have additional suggestion I would like to hear it.

Thanks again all your support providing to us.

Ahmet Akkas