How to get timezone in RTEMS?

OUTWATER vac4050 at cae597.rsc.raytheon.com
Wed Jul 19 20:18:39 UTC 2000

Hello All:

I'm trying to get TCL (8.4a) ported to RTEMS and everything compiles except some
TCL code which tries to determine timezone.

FYI, the affected files are:
./tcl8.4a1/generic/tclClock.c

and
/tcl8.4a1/generic/tclUnixTime.c.  "

timezone" is undeclared and is causing a compile error in both files.

TCL is configured and compiled using the attached Makefile.rtems-tcl.

The makefile is placed in ./tcl8.4a1/unix and run using make -f.

It appears that the code is configured to fallback to a last-ditch method of
determining timezone and that this method is somehow broken.

I'm definitely not an expert in Unix time functions (I AM an expert in embedded
hardware design, though :) ).

I can hack the two affected source files by declaring timezone to make things
compile, but this seems inelegant.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to attack this and get things working
properly ?

Thanks!,
keith