Is there any script-language intepreter avaliable for RTEMS ?

OUTWATER vac4050 at cae597.rsc.raytheon.com
Thu Jul 20 01:38:28 UTC 2000

Joel -

Here's the stuff you requested:

1. Makefile.rtems-tcl   Makefile to build TCL 8.4a1 library for RTEMS.  NOTE:
compiles, but not tested yet!

2. README.rtems with simple build instructions

3. tcl8.4a1.patch   Simple patch to tcl8.4a1/unix/Makefile.in

Regarding the RTEMS glue for the Intel flash system - did the author ("HongSong Li")
express any willingness to contribute his wrappers for the Intel IVFM code?

Keith

> OUTWATER wrote:
> >
> > For what it's worth, I was able to get the TCL library for version 8.4a1 to
> > compile for an M68K target using the same method that Eric Norum used to get
> > ncurses and readline built (see rtems_packages). Had to hack some time zone
> > stuff, but I wasn'e planning to use time functions anyway.
> >
> > Haven't tried the TCl library to see if it works yet.
>
> Could you please capture your instructions/notes/comments
> and post them?  I would like to include them in the
> contrib directory.
>
> Eventually (after BSPs are separated from RTEMS proper) we can package
> these things as add-on binaries. :)
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Regarding your flash memory file system - can you provide details?  Any plans to
> > make the code available?
>
> I don't know if he answered.  It is Intel Flash file system and must be
> used
> with Intel flash only.  We may merge his glue but not the Intel code.
>
> > keith
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > My project needs versatile configuration during startup and dynamicly changing
> > these configurations on-line. Since I've already have flash
> > > memory file system ported to RTEMS, I want to use boot-script file located in
> > FFS to fulfil the requirements. What I need is a script
> > > language intepreter which including variable declaration, macro definition,
> > output redirection, command & parameter parsing and so on.
> > > I've evaluated the monitor of RTEMS, but I think it is too simple to deal with
> > it. Maybe TCL is the best choice but from the release notes of
> > > RTEMS, I found it is not avaliable yet.
> > >
> > > Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance !
>
> --
> joel at OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
>    Support Available             (256) 722-9985

-------------- next part --------------
#
# Makefile for compiling TCL for RTEMS
#    Keith Outwater
#    Principal Engineer, Raytheon Missile Systems
#    vac4050 at cae597.rsc.raytheon.com
#
# Based entirely on a set of Makefiles developed by Eric Norum for
# compiling GNU readline for RTEMS
#
# Please feel free to fix or modify this file.  I ask only that you
# post any enhancement or corrections to rtems-users at oarcorp.com
#

#
# NOTES:
# Right now, libtcl compiles for M68K, but has not been tested.  tclsh is not built here.
# Build it separately once the tcl lib is installed.
#

#
# Pick up RTEMS configuration
#
include $(RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH)/Makefile.inc
include $(RTEMS_CUSTOM)
include $(PROJECT_ROOT)/make/leaf.cfg
CC += $(CPU_CFLAGS)

#
# Add dummy RTEMS configuration so that configure scripts work properly.
#
export LDFLAGS=$(prefix)/$(RTEMS_BSP)/lib/dummy.rel

#
# For some reason RTEMS Makefiles don't export this
#
export RANLIB

.PHONY: all

#
# Include any site-specific options here
#

all:
		./configure \
		--host=`uname -m`-$(RTEMS_HOST) \
		--prefix=$(prefix) \
		--libdir=$(prefix)/$(RTEMS_BSP)/lib \
		--includedir=$(prefix)/$(RTEMS_BSP)/lib/include \
		--disable-load \
		--disable-shared
	make "AR=$(AR)" "HOSTCC=gcc" "HOSTCCFLAGS=-I. -I../include " HOSTLDFLAGS="" "CFLAGS+=-DUSE_DELTA_FOR_TZ -DHAVE_TM_ZONE"
	make "AR=$(AR)" install