Building RTEMS for Coldfire with Cygwin/WinNT

Tue Jul 25 11:55:03 UTC 2000

Mike Sherwood wrote:

> Building RTEMS for Coldfire with Cygwin/WinNT.
> I am trying to build this, but the directions from fiddes.net/coldfire does
> not have the links for cygwin-b20/full.exe and
> gcc-m68k-rtems-win32-r2.tar.bz.
> Can anyone give me instructions.
> Thank you in advance.

The latest Cygwin works very well.  All you need to do is make
sure that gcc.exe is linked to cc.exe and that you do all
builds in a binary mounted directory.

If you want to make changes that require regenerating
Makefile.in's from Makefile.am's (automake) or
configure's from configure.in's (autoconf), then you
need to add perl, automake, and autoconf to your
installation.

The newest version installed very easily and seemed faster
that B20.  It is ve difficult to keep links/versions up to
date for third party things. <sigh>