Texas Instruments C3x/C4x Port Available

Wed Jul 26 21:06:31 UTC 2000

RTEMS snapshot ss-20000726 is available at ftp.oarcorp.com in
/pub/rtems/snapshots/current.

This snapshot is the first to include the recent port of RTEMS
to the Texas Instruments C3x/C4x including a BSP for the C3x/C4x
simulator in gdb.  This is 12th processor family supported by RTEMS.

The tool situation is a little difficult with this processor
family.  It is based on an odd collection of versions and patches.
So for now, these are special tools to build.   Regardless,
tool RPMs will be available shortly for Linux x86.

FYI we did not manage to get all outstanding patches in this
snapshot.  I am aware of a cache manager bug fix that did not
make it in.  The next message will explain the reason for
making this snapshot at this time.