Problems making RTEMS with Cygwin !

Sat Jul 29 00:13:08 UTC 2000

Silverio Diquigiovanni wrote:

> Well,
> the last version of Cygwin (1.1.2) is wonderful !
>
> After 2 hours of hard-disk movement, in a pentium 200 with only 64Mb
> and, INCREDIBLE, Windows 95/OSR2, I can compile my project RTEMS
> for SH1/2 !!!

I just tried it on Win98 and I agree with you.  It is much better
than B20.  All I did was link gcc to cc and make sure my working
directory was mounted binary.

I ended up loading perl, autoconf, and automake to work but it
seemed much more stable and faster.

The prebuilt toolsets are speeding everyone up (I think and hope). :)

FYI.. the gdb 5.0 rtems patch works on insight and it seems
to work (it built and started up at least) on Cygwin.  We should have
an insight specific patch though because insight 5.0 leaves out the
Tcl for many of the gdb targets.  But it looks good to me and promising.
:)