ncurses examples under GBD/PSIM

Mon Jul 31 21:44:18 UTC 2000

Eric Norum wrote:

> Hoang Ngo wrote:
> >
> > None of the examples in ncurses in rtems-package-19991215 works
> > correctly under GDB/PSIM.
> > Is this expected?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Hoang
> I'm not surprised.  The examples link with a default `Init' routine
> which doesn't allocate many resources.  The default Init routine is
> there only to allow `configure' scripts to work properly when looking
> for routines in libraries.  It's not intended to build working
> applications.
>
> Joel -- We've corresponded on the possibility of a more capable default
> Init before, right?

Are you talking about the dummy config stuff in libmisc?

If so, then it is likely that it needs to be bumped up to
reflect using a real filesystem, 20 file descriptors, etc.

Look at one of the psxfile tests and increase the configuration
accordingly.

Eric, Do those demos use the default/libmisc configuration?