Porting to CPU with NON-GNU tools was Re: building RTEMS kernel

Mon Jul 17 22:44:15 UTC 2000

AHMET AKKAS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you very much Dr. Joel for your e-mail.
>

> > What architecture do you want to port it to?
> >

> I want to port RTEMS to Lucent's 16000 DSP processor. I am trying to
> build RTEMS kernel by using Lucent's tools (compiler, assembler, etc).

Great.  I am about to merge a port to the TI C3x/C4x that might be
of use as a reference to you.  I don't know though.  Any weirdnesses
of this CPU that you know about. :)

> > There is an RTEMS porting guide that should be available as part of
> > the beta documentation.
> >
> > You should not have to edit too many configure support files.  Maybe
> > config.sub at the top and creating the ones in score/cpu/MYPORT.
> >
> > Provide a bit more informationi.
> >

> I have the RTEMS porting guide and it basically explains how cpu dependent
> part should be written. Anyway, my first error is the following:
>  checking target system type... Invalid configuration `dsp16k': machine `dsp16k' not recognized
>
> My understanding from your mail is that I should modify config.sub file
> at the top

Yes.  And importantly.. you will need a make/compilers that describes
this
toolset.  Ralf... is this a test case we need to help work out?

> and create config.sub file under the score/cpu/MYPORT.

I don't think so... you will need a configure.in.

> Please let me know if is there anything I could not explain well.
> If you have additional suggestion I would like to hear it.

No you are doing fine so far. :)