Open source GUI Builders

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Tue Jul 18 00:40:39 UTC 2000

Silverio Diquigiovanni wrote:

> Craig Armstrong wrote:
>
> > I am building an embedded touch screen application with RTEMS.
> > Anybody know of open source GUI building tools?  3rd party tools ?
>
> Mr.Craig,
>
> you can try microwindows at http://www.microwindows.org/
>
> Microwindows is an open source GUI which implement either nano-x and
> win32 subset API and more graphic library how FLTK.
> It already support touch screen device.
>
> Rosimildo da Silva had ported microwindows to RTEMS for pc386 bsp.
> You can see http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/rosimildo/index.html

FLTK has a GUI builder called FLUID that could be used in a
host such as Linux or Windows to generate your screens, and
have them later compiled to run under RTEMS.
Right now, the FLTK toolkit ported to RTEMS is based on MicroWindows.
I am in the process of testing the FLTK version using Nano-X.

> Actually I am in develop phase of a personal interpretation of a
> GUI, more simple of Microwindows, exclusively for RTEMS OS and
> LCD mono/color display with SuperHitachi SHx low level functions.

I am looking forward to see the results of your effort.

Regards,
Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva at connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA
Phone : 512-338-1111          Fax : 512-918-0449
Mobile: 512-632-7579
Company Page: http://www.connecttel.com
Home Page: http://members.xoom.com/rosimildo/