Rosimildo is a star! (was:RE: Powerpc and C++ - compiler query)

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Thu Jul 27 13:19:20 UTC 2000

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk wrote:

> [...]

Ok. Try to recreate your scenario with a small test program, where you
can easily remove/add C++ exceptions ( try/catch blocks ).

> > Remember that we have added
> > multi-threading capabilities when handling C++ exceptions.
> > I guess in beta3a was exactly when it was introduced.
>
> If b3a fixes the problem I'll be very happy indeed!  But doesn't this
> require compiler changes?

Yes. You need the toolset for that beta release.

> > lib/libc/gxx_wrappers.c implements the functions called by GCC
> > to provide thread-safe exceptions. You might be able to play
> > with it, and see if it is something there. I have added a
> > preprocessor "flag" in there in case someone needs to
> > debug this a little. :-)
> >

> I'll take a look at this as soon as I can get through to the OAR site.
> Thanks for holding out hope - I thought we were going to have to remove all
> our exception stuff and put in "traditional" error handling, at which my
> object-purist colleague would have thrown a major wobbler.
>
> -- Nick Simon

Well, as one OO purist myself, I'll tell you, do not do that. ! :-).
Have fun, and debug this a little. :-).

Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva at connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA
Phone : 512-338-1111          Fax : 512-918-0449
Mobile: 512-632-7579
Company Page: http://www.connecttel.com
Home Page: http://members.xoom.com/rosimildo/