gnat/rtems?

Mon Jul 31 12:31:00 UTC 2000

DuckE wrote:

> I have beem trying (unsuccessfully) to do the same build, but have gotten
> farther.
> I am trying to build on red hat 6.2.
> I downloaded the gnat RPM's and ran my build with CC=gnatgcc.  I also had to
> modify the bit script included with RTEMS somewhere where gcc was hard
> coded.

When we build locally, we take the official ACT binary release, build
a native gnat using it, install that into a non-standard location that
does not conflict with the native compiler (such as /usrN/gnat-VERSION),
and put the newly built gnat native compiler at the head of our path.

I am not surprised that the script had a problem using the RPMs. Please
submit a patch.

> I got to the point that I had a segment violation during the build.

Are you still using a m68k/cpu32?  I recall that there were problems
building that with gcc 2.8.1 with gnat.

Even if you get it to compile, the m68k BSPs assume ELF and there is
no m68k-elf embedded support in gcc 2.8.1.  m68k-rtems is coff in
gcc 2.8.1.  You will have to merge the m68k-elf support to be able
to use the current m68k BSPs unmodified.

[NOTE: Remember gcc 2.8.1 did not have extensive support for
ELF on embedded targets.  RTEMS targets on gcc 2.95.2 are
mostly ELF based now.  This causes problems when building
late model RTEMS with gcc 2.8.1 which is required for gnat.]