ncurses tests

OUTWATER vac4050 at cae597.rsc.raytheon.com
Thu Jun 1 23:06:25 UTC 2000

Eric - Thanks for the info!

I have been using the examples directory, though, and I'm still running into
problems.  I tried the changes suggested in you message, but still no output.

I set up a basic test which also had networking running and I was able to
capture the ncurses log output vi ftp.  I based my Init on the Init you placed
in the examples/ncurses directory.

Here it is:

rtems_task Init(
  rtems_task_argument argument
)
{
  rtems_status_code status;

  rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network ();
  rtems_initialize_ftpd();
  status = Untar_FromMemory((unsigned char *)(&_binary_tarfile_start),
             &_binary_tarfile_size);
  rtems_initialize_webserver();

  printf("Start\n");
  putchar('1');
  putchar('\n');
  putc('2', stdout);
  putc('\n', stdout);

  putenv ("TERM=xterm");
/* putenv ("NCURSES_TRACE=20"); */
  trace(TRACE_MAXIMUM);
  initscr();
  printw("A Test\n");
  refresh();
  endwin();

  printf("End\n");

for (;;){}

  status = rtems_task_delete( RTEMS_SELF );
}

When run, I get
Start
1
2

But nothing in between. Seems like console I/O is working, just not for ncurses.

I've attached the ncurses log if you're interested...

BTW, I'm using kermit on an HP workstation as my emulator (kermit is run in an
xterm).  I wonder if taht's the problem...

keith