Where is the map file?

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 10:34:04 UTC 2000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kim, Jeong-Hwan [mailto:frog at lgic.co.kr]
> Sent: 07 June 2000 11:09
> To: rtems-users
> Subject: Where is the map file?
>

> Hi, everyone
> where is the map file found?
Usually in the same place as your executable.

> Does the rtems link options include map file option?
> If it does not include the map file option, when can I add the option?

In your make/custom/<BSP>.cfg you'll find (probably two) make-exe steps
defined. This is where $(NM) is used to generate a map file.  Mine looks
like:

ifeq ($(RTEMS_USE_GCC272),yes)
# The --defsym arguments define arguments which are required by the linkcmds
# file which is designed for gcc 2.8
define make-exe
        $(LD) $(XLDFLAGS) -T $(LINKCMDS) \
            --defsym __fini=0 --defsym __init=0 \
            -o $@ -u atexit -u __vectors -u download_entry \
            $(START_FILE) $(LINK_OBJS) --start-group $(LINK_LIBS) --end-
group
        $(NM) -g -n $@ > $(basename $@).num
        $(SIZE) $@
endef