gcc-target-default.cfg

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Thu Jun 15 23:48:42 UTC 2000

Hi all...  according to my interpretation of make -d, it looks like
gcc-target-default.cfg is the last makefile fragment read when building
RTEMS.  I'd like to override CFLAGS_DEFAULT, since my debugger
(VisionXD) prefers -gstabs to -g.  Unfortunately gcc-target-default.cfg
unconditionally declares CFLAGS_DEFAULT.

I'd like to change gcc-target-default.cfg from unconditionally declaring
CFLAGS_DEFAULT with

ifndef ($CFLAGS_DEFAULT)
CFLAGS_DEFAULT=-g -Wall -ansi -fasm
endif

so that the BSPs can declare their own CFLAGS_DEFAULT in their .cfg
files if they want.  does this make sense, or is there an easier way to
accomplish what I'm trying to do?

  Aaron J. Grier   |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |   aaron at frye.com
  "The simplistic anthropomorphism which asserts that source code has a
   life separate from its creator or maintainer is the product of one
   too many viewings of Tron."  -- paraphrasing of anonymous post on /.