Byte-order problems with GDB and BDM driver

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Wed Jun 21 00:43:12 UTC 2000

Dario Alcocer wrote:

>     Eric> I use the gdb/BDM package on a Pentium PC (RedHat 6.1) with
>     Eric> a Motorola MC68360 target with no problems.
>
> This would mean that the driver is using cpu32_serial_clock() with
> your board, and cf_pe_serial_clock() with mine.  I wonder if this
> would make a difference?

I doubt this is the issue. These routines are very low level. So you
have a Coldfire target.

Which Coldfire processor ?

Are you using m68k-elf ?

>     Eric> Are you sure your executable image is correct?
>
> Hmm, yes, I'm *pretty sure* it is:

What does your gdbinit script look like ?

>     Eric> What version of the gdb/BDM package are you using?
>
> I'm using gdb-4.18, with the BDM and RTEMS patches applied:

Could you try a later version of GDB BDM with GDB 5.0. I do not think an
RTEMS patch exists for 5.0 yet, but the BDM package supports 5.0 and
should work.

You can get the BDM package from :

  ftp://skatter.usask.ca/pub/eric/BDM-Linux-gdb

 Chris Johns, mailto:cjohns at cybertec.com.au mailto:ccj at acm.org