gdb stub for 68360

Ian Lance Taylor ian at zembu.com
Wed Mar 1 21:58:20 UTC 2000

   Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 16:48:36 -0500
   From: "Andrew Bythell" <abythell at nortelnetworks.com>

   The Problem:
   ------------
   I startup my target and it issues the packet $S07#ba , which gdb
   receives and is happy.  But then gdb starts issuing commands that the
   m68k-stub doesn't support, like $qOffsets#4b and $Hc-1#09.  If I
   manually issue these commands, the target returns +$#00$#00.

   The Question
   Do I need to add support for these commands to my stub, or do I need to
   modify gdb to send different commands?  Alternatively, does anyone have
   proven source code for a 68360 stub that they would be willing to post?

gdb tries those commands to see if they work, but if they don't it's
OK.  The empty response tells gdb that the stub does not support those
commands.  You shouldn't need to modify either gdb or your stub.

Ian