Ticker/i386 Question

Smith, Gene Gene.Smith at sea.siemens.com
Mon Mar 13 20:09:48 UTC 2000

Can anyone tell me if there is any known problem with the ticker test on a
i386 target using rtems-4.0.0?  I have been trying to get this to work for
some time and I am wondering if there might be an bug in the rtems-4.0.0
core code that prevents this program from working.

I have had to modify the i386 specific code for my board so I realize that
the problem is probably something I have changed.  However, I just want to
make sure there really is a problem with 4.0.0 in this respect before I move
my evaluation effort over to a recent snapshot/beta.

It seems that as soon as the last "ticker" task tries to context switch to
the "idle task" that the test stops. None of the tasks run again. After the
test stops, I see no indication that the timer interrupt is occurring
either.  (The timer tick interrupt is the only interrupt currently in my
system.)

-Gene