BDM LINUX-Patch for GDB with OCD-Wiggler

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Mar 16 12:59:50 UTC 2000

At 11:53 16/03/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Info can be found on:
>http://www.vas-gmbh.de/software/mpcbdm/

         This is, as I was able to understand, some improvement to Sergey's
version, which I never tested.

>And even Sergey's "simple" version worked ok , but only with
>a very short cable ( < 15 cm). The cable from the LPT port to
>the PCB is about 30 cm and from the PCB to the 860 about 50 cm.
>One can fine tune the time that is used to generate the pulses
>from inside GDB , this depends very much on the host CPU speed
>and the cable type/length.

         Sergey's driver I tested for 4 days and wasn't able to run it
stable on my PC.

>One disadvantage, it doesn't run on Windows. I could imagine someone
>writting a remote GDB server for it on 95/98 but under NT /(2000?)
>one needs a device driver to access the LTP port in "raw" mode.
         I think that it was spoken about Linux only. For Windows we have
good  enough support for Macraigor's wiggler in gdb.
         BTW, as I understood the original request, it was also for  Macraigor.

>         Now, if there are several approvals for the (
> http://www.vas-gmbh.de/software/mpcbdm/ )'s driver Ishall be glad to
> know, because as I was able to understand - these drivers are very
> sensitive to CPU speed and cables length.

Thanks to everybody.

Dr. Leon M.Pollak
Director
PLR Information Systems Ltd.