GDB patch for debugging Hitachi advanced rom monitor

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Mar 21 16:35:55 UTC 2000

Jack wrote:

> > 1) In case you want to use gdb on a target equipped with AMON, you need to
> > make the monitor on the target aware of gdb. In this case you need a
> > gdb-stub for your target. I know about several free SH gdb-stubs being
> > available on the net, but I don't know if there is any for AMON. However,
> > adapting existing gdb-stubs for specific monitors should not be too
> > difficult.
>
>       Where can I get these stubs? please tell me!
>       (I tried many search engine, but no result.)

Well, I know about these:

* gdb's sources contains an sh gdb-stub (gdb/sh-stub.c). It is an SH1/SH2 stub
and needs some modifications to get it compiled it with gcc's > 2.6, and
further work to merge it in existing boot roms, but this is the one the
gdb-stub I am using is derived from.

* Other ones are used by the sh-linux developers (They support the SH3/SH4)
http://www.m17n.org/linux-sh
http://www.rr.iij4u.or.jp/~kkojima/linux-sh4.html

* Then there is another gdb-stub other SH-RTEMS developers considered to use,
but I don't have the URL at hand. May-be you might consider rtems mailing list
archive, therefore.

Ralf

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung (FAW)