building with RTEMS 4.5.0

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Mar 22 17:48:08 UTC 2000

Patrick.VARNEY at syntegra.bt.co.uk wrote:

> I'm very confused as to where the RTEMS build ends up: Under 4.0.0, we took
> it from /usr/local/rtems/<BSP>, even though it was built in
> ../build-power-rtems. Now, I'm building it in
> ../build-power-rtems-4.5.0-beta1c and it doesn't seem to end up in
> /usr/local/rtems/<BSP> at all. Do I need to point my RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH
> env. variable at build-power-rtems-4.5.0-beta1c to build the sample
> application with the new version ?

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are doing.

* At first make sure to have setup your $PATH correctly.
I.e. gcc rsp. cc is supposed to be your host compiler;
<target>-gcc is supposed to be your target compiler,
<target>-as is supposed to be the target assembler and so on.

* Also make sure not to have set any RTEMS related environment variables, you
might have been using with previous RTEMS versions.

To build do as follows
* Unpack the sources
cd <somewhere>
gtar xzf rtems-4.5.0-beta1c.tar.gz

* Build it
mkdir <builddir>

cd <builddir>
<somewhere>/rtems-4.5.0-beta1c/configure <options> \
--target=<your-target> \
--prefix=<where-to-install>
make RTEMS_BSP="<bsps-to-build>"

* Install it
make RTEMS_BSP="<bsps-to-build>" install

This will install the RTEMS to $(prefix) (i.e. the value passed to --prefix at
configuration time).
Each single BSP's target binaries then can be found under $(prefix)/<BSP>

Ralf

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung (FAW)