Wireless and RTEMS

David J. Fiddes D.J at fiddes.surfaid.org
Thu Mar 23 22:56:11 UTC 2000

Hi,

>I think RTEMS systems would tend to be clients and not gateways.
>WapIt has sponsored the open source gateway but my quick glance
>at the kannel and wapit sites make me believe their client
>software is not open source.
>
>Does anyone know of an open source client side for WAP?

I think (and could be quite wrong) that there are patent problems at least
in the US that make it pretty difficult to provide an Open Source client...
If it was fairly straight forward somebody would have hacked it into the
mother-of-all-programs that is Mozilla. I don't think that things are much
better on this side of the pond either...

If anyone knows any more detail on this I'd love to hear it.

Dave