RTEMS web server linking error !

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Thu Mar 30 15:19:15 UTC 2000

Emmanuel Raguet wrote:

> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >
> > > /opt/rtems/powerpc-rtems/bin/ld.exe -r -o o-optimize/temp.o
> > > o-optimize/init.o -b binary o-optimize/tarfile
> >
> > => You are trying to link a tarfile. This will never work.
>
> Yes, it will work.
> I had the same problem but I have added the
> "--noinhibit-exec"
> option in the ld command and now it works fine.

Hmm, from ld.info:

--noinhibit-exec'
     Retain the executable output file whenever it is still usable.
     Normally, the linker will not produce an output file if it
     encounters errors during the link process; it exits without
     writing an output file when it issues any error whatsoever.

Does this give any sense?

May be I am missing something, but I am inclined to read this as
"suppress linking errors and ignore them".

Ralf
--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung (FAW)