splimp, splx locks in network code - cause of my vanished buffers ?

Eric Norum eric at cls.usask.ca
Wed Mar 15 15:04:26 UTC 2000

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk wrote:

> Using rtems 4.0.0, I have two ethernet ports, one running the normal BSD
> stack and one with a special raw ethernet stack.  The latter uses the same
> pool of mbufs and clusters as the bsd stack, and all the usual macros like
> MGETHDR and MFREE.

I should also have mentioned that your special raw ethernet stack must
abide by the rules and ensure that it holds the network mutex before
calling any of the BSD network code.

Eric Norum                                 eric at cls.usask.ca
Canadian Light Source                      Phone: (306) 966-6308
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-6058
Saskatoon, Canada.