No .reset No .initial

Smith, Gene Gene.Smith at sea.siemens.com
Wed May 3 16:43:27 UTC 2000

Using the 4.5.0-beta2, the build process for my custom made bsp, cp386sx,
produces the hello_world_c output file test.coff. When I download it with
gdb I see that only sections .data and .text are sent to the target board.
When I run test.coff through objdump, it list the sections .reset and
.initialize as being present but does not show the assemby code for these
sections.  The code for these is in files libbsp/i386/cp386sx/start/start.S
and the cp386sx bsp is based on the i386ex bsp.  This worked fine with 4.0.0
(.reset and .initialize downloaded to the target with gdb and assemby for
these sections was present in the file produced by objdump).  I have tried
other options on objdump such as -D but these sections do not appear as
assembly in the dump file.

-Gene