detecting TCP disconnect in rtems-4.0.0

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Mon May 1 11:19:16 UTC 2000

Hi,

I have a TCP/IP server application running under rtems-4.0.0. When
the server has received a command from a client, it will be busy for
a long time (>30 seconds).

Now I want the server to detect, when the client disconnects during
command execution, because in these cases the server can abort
execution and resume to listen for a new connection.

Under BSD (and Linux), the "poll" system call would do the job, but
it is not available unter rtems-4.0.0. Is there any other way to
detect the connection state of a socket?

Bye,
	Thomas.

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de