FW: procedure for building rtems-4.5.0beta2

Mike Davies mikert at noco.demon.co.uk
Tue May 9 19:15:37 UTC 2000

In message <391738B4.A1446F52 at OARcorp.com>, Joel Sherrill
<joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com> writes

>None of the bit scripts should be run inside the source tree
>for the corresponding tool.  So bit_rtems should not be run
>from inside the RTEMS source tree.
>
>What directory are you in when you run bit_rtems?  I think there is
>a directory structure problem.  The bit_rtems script and supporting
>files should be in the same directory as rtems-4.5.0-beta2.

My directory structure is as follows :

/home/mike/rtems-4.5.0-beta2/  contains the following subdirectories :

archive
install
tools

/home/mike/rtems-4.5.0-beta2/tools  contains the following files and
directories :

binutils-2.9.5.0.24
bit
bit_gdb
bit_rtems
build-i386-rtems
common.sh
gcc-2.95.2
gdb-4.18
newlib-1.8.2
rtems-4.5.0-beta2
user.cfg

the build-i386-rtems directory is generated by the "bit_rtems i386
pc386" command.

>In this case, the setting for RTEMS in user.cfg is rtems-4.5.0-beta2.
>
>> Should the bit_rtems script include the user_cfg script ?
>
>Yes.  It is where all the tailorable information is set.

OK,  I've re-examined the bit_rtems script and it does indeed include
the user.cfg file (this is where the name build-i386-rtems comes from of
course)

Thanks,

--
Mike Davies