[Fwd: Re: Bochs simulator and pc386 BSP]

Fri May 19 19:57:07 UTC 2000

Erwin Rol wrote:

> here a convo i had with someone about using BOCHs with GDB.

I finally have broken down and am tried BOCHs locally.  It
built quickly and ran the grub image on the OAR ftp site
the first time.  My .bochsrc is very close to Erwin's
in the README on the ftp site:

megs: 8
boot: a
vgaromimage: bios/VGABIOS-elpin-2.20
floppya: 1_44=grub_image, status=inserted
romimage: file=bios/BIOS-bochs-990925a, address=0xf0000
log: ./bochs.out
keyboard_serial_delay: 200
floppy_command_delay: 500
vga_update_interval: 300000
ips:  1000000
mouse: enabled=0
private_colormap: enabled=0
i440fxsupport: enabled=0
newharddrivesupport: enabled=1

So now I have a couple of questions:

+ Has anyone used the NE2000 network driver in BOCHs
  with RTEMS?

+ Has anyone configured the mouse so we can run the
  Microwindows demos?

+ What is the BOCHS_GDB_PORT?

+ Can you install it?

--joel