does TCP/IP stack work on MIPS platform?

Mon May 22 21:12:30 UTC 2000

Kirill Korotaev wrote:

> Hi, All!
>
> I've found that TCP/IP stack is turned off by default on some platforms.
> (e.g. MIPS)
> Does it mean it is cannot be used at all?

No.  It simply means that the BSPs that you are looking at do not
have a NIC so the network stack is disabled.  Many RTEMS BSPs
disable the network stack.

The network stack should work fine on a MIPS platform.  The mips
is one of the platforms without an optimized in_cksum routine
so I am sure performance could be improved.  The performance of
the network stack is also dependent on the performance of
memcmp().