Lower defaults in confdefs.h

Stephan Wilms Stephan.Wilms at CWA.de
Wed May 24 06:36:59 UTC 2000

Hi,

> There was only one reply to this.  It indicated that
> doing this was a good thing.  So this is going to get
> done before the next beta.  Be warned!!!
>
>    IF YOUR APPLICATION DEPENDS ON THE DEFAULT
>    NUMBER OF TASKS/THREADS BEING 10 TO RUN, THEN
>    IT WILL FAIL BEGINNING WITH THE NEXT BETA!!!

In my opinion lowering the defaults is definitely a good idea. In an
embedded environment there is no specific need for an RTOS to supply
high and memory consuming theoretical default limits. As the
application is tailored to the system the RTOS should also be tailored
to the application.

The only critical thing is, IMHO, that those minimum defaults should be
well documented. Guides like "Getting Started" and/or the "C User
Guide" should take great care to explain the necessety of having to
replace the defaults with your own values for all but the most trivial
things.

Oh, BTW, next BETA ??? So I guess it will still take some time before
we arrive at a new full official release ?

Greetings,

--
Stephan Wilms (stephan.wilms at cwa.de)
CWA-GmbH, Aachen, Germany