RTEMS web server linking error !

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk
Wed May 24 07:29:12 UTC 2000

Aha!  My tarfile.o had _binary_o-optimize-tarfile_start etc. in it.  Now
fixed.  Here's a diff on netdemos-4.5.0-beta2/http/Makefile:

59c59,61
< 	$(LD) -r -o $(ARCH)/temp.o  $(ARCH)/init.o -b binary $(ARCH)/tarfile
---
> 	cp $(ARCH)/tarfile .
> 	$(OBJCOPY) -I binary -O elf32-powerpc tarfile $(ARCH)/tarfile.o
> 	$(LD) -r -o $(ARCH)/temp.o  $(ARCH)/init.o $(ARCH)/tarfile.o

I'm not wild about this (esp having elf32-powerpc embedded in it), but it
seems to work.

Thanks for your help,

-- Nick Simon