RTEMS web server linking error !

Wed May 24 12:25:32 UTC 2000

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk wrote:

> Funny, that - I've been doing much the same.  This tar approach is just
> because I'm trying to go to GoAhead.
>
> I share your concern about having the data in rom and in ram (in imfs).
> Presumably to have "read only" rom files would mean changes to imfs.  I may
> address this if it turns out to be a problem.

I have given this a bit of thought and THINK that what you want to do
is modify the IMFS to ALWAYS go through block access routines.  Those
block access routines should call a device driver that does mallocs,
manages memory, etc..  The IMFS assumes it can tinker directly with
the filesystem "on disk".  Doing this will at least make it possible
to put the IMFS in flash.

Putting the image into flash and mounting it is another problem. :)

> My issue with the makefile is not so much the use of tar as the fact that
> init.o gets doctored (breaks things if you make without make clean) and
> there's no dependency on the http file(s).  If I can get my immediate
> problems sorted out I may produce another makefile.

Plus we need to figure out a way to dynamically ask for the target
object format.