Coldfire BDM + gdb + RTEMS 4.0 ?

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Sun May 14 00:21:48 UTC 2000

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Dario Alcocer wrote:
> >
> > I'm working on a Coldfire project, and the developers working with me
> > want to see if I can get RTEMS running on an SBC5307 evaluation board
> > using the PE Micro parallel port BDM adapter.
> >
> > I went to David Fiddes web site, and found gdb 4.18 patches to work with
> > the Linux BDM driver.  However, RTEMS 4.0 seems to require 4.17,
> > according to the RTEMS Getting Started manual.
> >
> > How should I proceed to get RTEMS 4.0 running on the 5307 board using
> > gdb and the Linux BDM driver?  I reviewed the mailing list archives,
> > and it wasn't clear whether 4.0 support this configuration.
>
> First things first... switch to 4.5-beta3 in ftp.oarcorp.com
> /pub/rtems/betas/....

The RTEMS 4.5 betas run well on the Coldfire.

> Although there are no Coldfire BSPs included, David Fiddes has done
> extensive work with RTEMS on the Coldfire.  If the PE Micro is
> supported directly by gdb 4.18, you might be able to use the
> RPMs.  Otherwise, there are bdm patches in the contrib directory
> and RTEMS patches for 4.18 under c_tools/source.

If using the lastest tool set, I suspect you will need the lastest gdb
snapshot (and an updated GDB BDM patch). I found earlier gdb releases
crashed with m68k-elf files. I have had no problems with the lastest
snapshots.

> What is on that eval board?

The Cadre III board has Ethernet (ne2k clone), DRAM, serial points,
flash, connectors.

 Chris Johns, mailto:cjohns at cybertec.com.au mailto:ccj at acm.org