GDB asks for term lib

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Mon May 15 15:39:45 UTC 2000

gerke.kok at ascom.nl wrote:

> Hello,
> when I want to build gdb for my gen68360 target the bit_gdb script asks for
> a term lib:
>
> checking for tgetent in -lncurses... (cached) no
> checking for tgetent in -lHcurses... no
> checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
> checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... (cached) no
> checking for tgetent in -lcurses... (cached) no
> checking for tgetent in -lterminfo... no
> configure: error: Could not find a term library
> Configure in /usr/src/beta3/tools/build-m68k-gdb/gdb failed, exiting.
>
> What lib should I take? I start of with ncurses because I know it by name.
Which host OS are you using?

Normally, any Unix-like OS comes with at least one of the libraries
mentioned above.

> But I don't even know how to build it for RTEMS en m68k.
You need a term library for the host.

Please check your host OS installation. I'd guess you didn't install
one of those libraries (very likely under linux or Cygwin) or your
native compiler's configuration might be broken (likely if gcc is
installed in addition to another c-compiler).

Ralf

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung