gethostbyname in GoAhead

Wed May 24 15:18:30 UTC 2000

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk wrote:

> DOH!  I didn't mkdir....

I think you both have said it but I want to drive the point
home. :)

The RTEMS POSIX API, filesystem infrastructure, and support
for other standards like the BSD network stack are all
critical parts of making it easier to port softare to
RTEMS.  The documentation set includes a POSIX 1003.1
Compliance Guide.  RTEMS has about 85% of POSIX 1003.1b. :)

Eric N and Rosimildo have both ported multiple substantial
third party open source packages to RTEMS.  The list
of portability issues grows shorter each time whether
you are moving code from Linux, *BSD, or a proprietary
RTOS.

--joel