top level build problem c instead of "TARGET/c"

Wed May 31 20:32:29 UTC 2000

"Aaron J. Grier" wrote:

> On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 02:25:32PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
> > Comments?
>
> It seems like you are already assuming GNU make to build RTEMS, so you
> minus well use internal GNU make functions and ditch sed entirely, if
> possible.

This particular sed is in the configure script so that is not possible.

And even worse... configure uses sed to generate Makefile's from
Makefile.in's.  I don't see any easy way to generate a valid
Makefile in the libnetworking/include directory on Solaris using
/bin/sed.  The set of preinstall filenames is too long for
/bin/sed to process.