network driver installation

Mon Nov 6 20:33:06 UTC 2000

Peter Mueller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have adapted the cs8900 driver for efi332 and want to debug now. But I
> have problems to setup the general Makefile stuff. What is necessary to
> include TCP libraries into efi332 (or a bsp in general) via --enable-networking.
> Is there something else todo?

My general rule of thumb is always to look at another BSP that works. :)

So take a look at the gen68360.  Start at the configure.in, it includes
this:

AM_CONDITIONAL(HAS_NETWORKING,test "$HAS_NETWORKING" = "yes")

and has network/Makefile in the AC_OUTPUT() definition.

Then look at the network/Makefile.am.  Notice how it is conditional
on HAS_NETWORKING.

Finally notice that wrapup/Makefile.am has references to
NETWORKING_DRIVER.

That should be all that is required. The mod to configure.in is
critical.