IMFS and opendir/readdir.

mcollins at hawkeye.sps.mot.com mcollins at hawkeye.sps.mot.com
Wed Nov 15 16:54:53 UTC 2000

Sergei Organov <osv at javad.ru> wrote:

> I'm using rtems-ss-20000929 snapshot.

  I haven't used this snapshot, so I can't offer much help here, but

> BTW, 'ls /dev' output is also empty, while 'cd /dev' and then 'ls' gives the
> list of registered devices. But this seems to be unrelated bug.

  This leads me to believe that "/dev" is a symbolic link, and you're seeing
an effect of ls when operating on such links.  Try "ls /dev/" (note the
trailing '/') and see if the output isn't the same as you get after "cd /dev".
Of course, you can also try "ls -l /" and see how "/dev" shows up there.

  Whether this is somehow related to the other problems you're chasing, I
don't know.  I do know that the trailing '/' thing with ls took me a while
to figure out.

					-- MC --