M-Systems Flash Disk compliance.

Erik Ivanenko erik.ivanenko at utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 15 17:02:38 UTC 2000

Hello again rtems world!

I've got an idea brewing about how I can keep using RTEMS around here,
but I've not thoroughly reasoned it out yet.

First, I need to know: Can grub be loaded onto the M-Systems Flash disk
to boot pc-386?  My concern stems solely from my unfamiliarity with the
M-systems product. This could save us considerable cost in the new
development.

Also, I've heard suggestions that RTEMS may soon have native file system
support.  Hopefully, this is M-Systems compatible. Now, while I would
gladly pay someone for this development, I doubt that the RTEMS
community would be able to obtain the source from us, and I'd rather
avoid limiting it's use. But if the price is right, the option could be
there too....Any ideas on how much this could cost to develop?  My time
can no longer be spent in such development, and the replacement software
guy may not be very effective.

Also, since we have no more hardware designer here, we can spend a bit
more, and purchase "off the shelf" battery backed up SRAM cards in lieu
of the filesystem....

Decisions, decisions...

--

Erik Ivanenko