Announcement of picoTK 0.02

Thomas Gallenkamp thomas.gallenkamp at gmx.de
Tue Nov 21 21:50:37 UTC 2000

Hello !

I just revised the picoTK HOWTO and added documentation for the API (see
http://picotk.sourceforge.net).
I started this in an effort to replace a MS-DOS/Borland BGI based system
with RTEMS. The goal is to replace an "embedded PC" by a more compact
683xx system. But I unfortunately didn't found a GUI library with few
enough
functionality. That's why I decided to do it myself. There are two things
in picoTK which I am most proud of:

Firstly it can use any X character font (copyrights might restrict the
usage to some PD/GPL fonts though). Allowing very good character quality
(much better than what Borland BGI had 12 years ago).
Secondly it implements a "terminal box" in which you can readily print
using "printf()". The terminal currently only understands "line-feed" and
"carriage-return" - but I am working on a more complete VT100 emulation. I
have compiled a bootable demo floppy disk image together with RTEMS
4.5.0beta, its on the picotk page http://picotk.sourceforge.net.

I use RTEMS since 1996, when we started a robot project (68332 based, see
http://gupeto.sourceforge.net) and think it will have a great future.

Give it try

Thomas