MBUF Cluster Network freeze problem

bob bobwis at ascweb.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 17:25:42 UTC 2000

Hello Eric, many thanks for your reply.
You may remember we all went through the 68360 buffer descriptor problems
together at the time and I don't think it's that problem again :). I quickly
checked the latest snapshot for the code around the MBUF allocate /
deallocate routines (in rtems_glue.c) and it doesn't look like its changed.
This problem seems to manifest as MBUF clusters being unable to deallocate.
I have seen the BSP slowly using up clusters after a bout of heavy network
activity has stopped (such as after dealing with 10000 flood pings). Its as
if a certain condition occurs to break it, and after that it can't recover.
If you think that its worth porting a later version I will certainly have a
go. Which is the recommended release / snapshot to work with these days?
Regards to all.
Bob Wisdom