Having a little trouble on an MCP750

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 4 17:40:04 UTC 2000

It actually worked once, the sample programs ran OK and we were
proceeding with porting some software to RTEMS.  Until I reconfigured
RTEMS, after which all images I load fail at IP 5000 with an invalid
instruction;

00005000 7F454C46  WORD        $7F454C46

Subsequently I've tried a bunch of different ./configure approaches;
different directories, combinations of options, etc- and all give the
same result.  I've also tried reloading the rtems source and ppc cross
compilers.  My host os is Linux, if I target it instead, everything
runs OK.

On the target board, the binaries are loaded by tftp from a server.
The logs show the connection and retrieval, cooroborated by the
mcp750's console messages.

I'm suspecting I'm doing something stupid, as the error is resolutely
the same- but any hints are welcome as I'm at something of a loss.

Thanks,

Greg