pc386 console input

angelo angelo at hunterlink.net.au
Mon Oct 9 03:46:44 UTC 2000

I am unable to get my application to read the console input for a PC386
build.
Everything links OK and the first printf happens fine, but the
application will note respond to the keyboard.

eg.
/*
 *  Simple test program -- simplified version of sample test hello.
 */

#define TEST_INIT

#include <bsp.h>

#include <stdio.h>

rtems_task Init(
  rtems_task_argument ignored
)
{
  char x;
  do
    {

      printf("press x to exit >");
      scanf ("%c", &x);
      printf ("%c", x);
    }while (x != 'x' && x!= 'X');

  printf ("Hello World");
  exit( 0 );
}

/* configuration information */

#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER

#define CONFIGURE_RTEMS_INIT_TASKS_TABLE

#define CONFIGURE_INIT

#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS 1
#include <confdefs.h>

/* I added these as they were in the termios example */
#include <termios.h>
#include <unistd.h>
/* end of file */

all I get is the press x to exit>

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~maaaf/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others - that is
VANITY
    Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)