C++ for embedded systems

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 10:39:16 UTC 2000

Are you really sure you want objects in ROM?  They wouldn't be very
dynamic!

We have lots of C++ code running under RTEMS.  Objects, whether globals or
dynamically created, live in RAM.  Snags are:

(1)  Performance is hit somewhat by the code inserted by the compiler for
exception handling.  I haven't found a way to disable this in the compiler,
else we'd do without EH for performance's sake.
(2)  Link has to be just right (in file linkcmds in the BSP) if you want
global constructors to work.

Best wishes

-- Nick Simon