Grief with Cygwin-hosted GDB

Phil Torre ptorre at zetron.com
Mon Oct 9 23:40:13 UTC 2000

Howdy All,

This is more properly a GDB question than an RTEMS one, but I'm
running out of rope...

My environment is Cygwin under windows 95, with RTEMS 4.5.0.beta3a
and GDB 4.18 (with RTEMS patches) built for a powerpc target.
(The actual target today is a FADS860 board, and I'm using a
FADS860 BSP which Hongsong Li was kind enough to send me.)

I think I'm sucessfully building hello_world.  The FADS board
has no monitor to download to, so I'm using a Macraigor Wiggler
with the wigglers DLL.  I start up GDB and do:

target ocd wiggler lpt1       (no errors)
load hello.exe                (seems to spend several minutes
                               downloading stuff into the FADS)

At this point, if I examine memory on the target, every DRAM
address seems to contain the same value as the address.  No
surprise, then, that GDB hangs if I do step or nexti.  Pressing
ctrl-c to unhang GDB makes it blow core.

Is anyone making GDB/Cygwin work with the Wiggler?  Any hints
would be welcome!

Phil Torre                               phone: 425-820-6363 x234
Design Engineer                          email: ptorre at zetron.com
Radio System Accessories Group             fax: 425-820-7031
Zetron, Inc.                               web: http://www.zetron.com