Gnu debugger does not recognise the commands "setrpcmode sun" ...

Samuel Konnerth S.Konnerth at alcatel.de
Thu Oct 12 08:02:49 UTC 2000

Hello again,

sorry for the delayed answer, but I was out for some days.

I tried now to build the gdb by using the patch (according to the rtems
manual: bit_gdb i386).
But the debugger that was build (the name of the exec file is
i386-rtemsgdb and not i386-RTEMS-gdb) is still not recognising the
setrpcmode, setdaemontype, target rtems.. commands.
Do I have to build the debugger with a special option (-rtc or
similar???).
Thanks in advance.

BR,
Samuel.

antti.p.miettinen at nokia.com wrote:

> Samuel Konnerth <S.Konnerth at alcatel.de> writes:
> > When I start the debugger and type "setrpcmode sun", "setdaemontype
> > rdbg" "target rtems ...", the debugger does not know all these commands.
>
> I dunno what the RPMs contain but the gdb targets that support rdbg
> have RTEMS (with capital letters) in them. So the right gdb executable
> to be used might be something like i386-RTEMS-gdb for an intel target.
>
> --
> Antti P Miettinen
> Nokia Networks

Samuel Konnerth
UMTS SW Development

ALCATEL SEL AG
Radio Communication Division
Lorenzstr. 10
D-70435 Stuttgart

Tel:      +49-711-821 30360 (Alcanet: 2-503 30360)
Telefax:  +49-711-821 42996
GSM:      +49-171-4365156
Email:    S.Konnerth at alcatel.de
Email for life: 98.samuel.konnerth at aist.enst.fr