Fwd: Netscape 6 on Nano-X

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Wed Oct 18 23:10:05 UTC 2000

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Chris Caudle wrote:
> >
> > Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > > Any idea how much POSIX/UNIX
> > > is really required by Mozilla?
> >
> > It has ports to *nix, Win32, MacOS, and OpenVMS.
> > How much POSIX support could it really need to run on Mac  and VMS?
>
> OpenVMS has POSIX.  I can't speak on the MacOS.
>
> I am concerned about process-forking, shared memory, locking memory,
> dynamic loading, etc.  Things that are beyond RTEMS at the moment.

Mozilla has a run-time layer called "NetScape Portable Runtime" that
encapsulates all OS dependent stuff. Get this layer ported would
be the first step to check what is really needed.

Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva at connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA
Phone : 512-338-1111          Fax : 512-918-0449
Mobile: 512-632-7579
Company Page: http://www.connecttel.com
Home Page: http://members.xoom.com/rosimildo/