I hope this isn't a stupid question...

Thu Oct 19 15:21:40 UTC 2000

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk wrote:

> [...]

Basically yes to the first question.  But you don't get all of the code
for all of the managers you reference in your executable.

The POSIX code is generally setup as one function per file so you only
link in what you reference.  All of the managers are initialized if
the POSIX API is configured.

The Classic API optional manager support was added when the Classic API
was "one manager per file".  It links in a stub for the manager that
returns "not configured".  This includes a stub for manager
initialization
so the manager is not even initialized.