Remote debugging

Gregory.D.Menke.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov Gregory.D.Menke.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 23 21:14:00 UTC 2000

I've been having a bit of trouble getting ethernet remote debugging
rolling on our MCP750 target.  We have the prebuilt powerpc-rtems tool
suite installed, --enable-rdbg set on the RTEMS configure, a binary
built & operating on the target with an operational network interface
running the RTEMS ftp daemon.

The setrpcmode and associated commands are not recognized by the
powerpc-rtems-gdb.  When compiling it from source, the .c files
implementing the remote debug commands do not appear to be compiled
in.  Our host OS is Linux.

Also, a portscan of the target binary does not show any tcp/udp ports
open at all (beyond the ftp daemon..)

I've gone thru the RTEMS gdb docs, having followed all the steps- am I
missing something?

Thanks everyone,

Gregm